Epoxy flooring is a particularly attractive surface coating that can be applied to concrete or other hard surfaces such as metal. It has many advantages, including its non-slip finish and its ability to withstand heavy wear and tear.
What’s more, epoxy floors are also resistant to heat, chemicals and fire, making them durable interior coverings.
Our resin floor coverings are also available for stone carpets in a wide variety of colors, including marble, quartz, granite, terrazzo and many more. With resin, we have an infinite number of possible finishes. For all your resin flooring projects, French Epoxy has the solution!
The epoxy resin floor is a solution that allows to protect while giving a unique look like marble.
Today, resin floor coverings are making their appearance in our living spaces: living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, workshops, garages…
Epoxy resin offers a high degree of resistance and flexibility to give the floor an unbeatable modern look.
What is an epoxy resin floor?
Epoxy resin flooring is the addition of two products: a ratio of resin and hardener. Our team adds natural quartz (silica, gravel…) to this mixture to increase the wear resistance.
Thanks to its mechanical strength and meticulous finish, epoxy resin flooring is ideal for our homes. It’s a highly resistant, easy-to-maintain floor covering with a thickness of between 2 mm and 5 mm, depending on the application (thin, semi-thick, thick).
requires the professional knowledge we’ve acquired over the years, as well as materials expertise to ensure that your epoxy floor lasts for many years without any problems or maintenance.
we offer the most comprehensive range of colors available on the market today, making it possible to create custom epoxy floors that match your style.
What are the advantages of doing an epoxy floor?
The realization of a floor in epoxy resin offers a great number of advantages for your house:
- A type of floor that can bring a lot of elegance to a house, thanks to the sobriety of the touch and appearance.
- A unique marble-like appearance.
- This is a type of floor that can be installed without the use of joints or threshold bars.
- Several colors are available, making it easy to customize the floor.
- The floor is very resistant, being twice as hard as concrete.
- Chemicals and impacts do not damage epoxy floors.
- the resin floor provides a safe, non-slip surface for family members of all ages.
- Does not require much maintenance.
- Moisture does not affect epoxy floors, nor does fire.
What are the steps for an epoxy floor?
The installation of an epoxy floor must be done in several steps.
- The first thing to do is to prepare the substrate. For this purpose, mechanical sanding under vacuum is required. The goal is to get your floor ready to receive your epoxy resin.
- Depending on the substrate, it is possible to level the floor. The purpose of leveling is to allow your floor to be perfectly flat.
- Afterwards, a primer is used to obtain a better quality finish. The primer is very useful to allow a better grip on epoxy floors.
- Once the primer is dry and cured, the epoxy coating can be applied. This is what allows the soil to have two to three times the strength of concrete. The installation of the epoxy resin does not take much time in itself. Your epoxy floor ultimately requires more preparation than the time it takes to install.
What is the cost of an epoxy floor?
When calculating the cost of an epoxy floor, you must take into consideration the desired surface area, as well as the finish of the floor.
The price per m2 is 120 euros excluding VAT. This type of floor is more accessible and more durable than other floors that are often used.
An epoxy floor can have a thickness of 2 to 3 millimeters.